Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Coincidence? I think not.

This past Sunday President Mooring, our current Stake Patriarch (and our previous Stake President) spoke about the Prophet Joseph Smith.  As President Mooring closed his talk he bore testimony of the Lord’s hand in the work of the restoration and the life of our beloved Prophet Joseph. As he did so, he repeated over and over again the words, Coincidence? I think not. It was a powerful testimony and since then I have found these words fill my mind as I see the Lord’s hand in my life. As such was the case further on that day. I was conducting in relief society and had asked if any one had good news to share? Since no one had responded I shared my good news, that our Melissa was once again pregnant. The room was immediately filled with oohs and awes of joy and gratitude. It then quieted down and with perfect timing, little one year old Aaron McCormick, clapped his hands together and shouted yea! 
  ... even babes did open their mouths and utter marvelous things; (3 Nephi 26:16)
Coincidence? I think not.

4 comments:

  1. I love the scripture that you put with it. So sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet.....that scripture touches my heart...it reminds me of how both of my girls knew who Jesus was in any picture or painting before they could even name people or objects around them. So many people in your ward love Melissa -- more prayers are being offered in her behalf, now, I would guess, from those sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading your blog. I can always feel the spirit. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mandy, It is not that they love me, most of them never even knew me, it is because they love Sherrie so much....as we all do!!!!

    ReplyDelete