Sunday, July 5, 2009

A Fishy Experience or Sushi Reversal?

Any way you look at it, it was Crazy!
With plans to visit the Patterson's over the fourth (long time family friends, soon to be in-laws:) Linda called me to ask how I felt about the three of us, Stefani, Linda and myself getting a "Dr. Fish's" pedicure while we were there. 
Though I must say I had my reservations, I found it to be an experience of a lifetime. Let me explain, and before you jump to the phone to make your reservations, plan for a trip to the DC area, as that is the only place in the United States you can get one.

Should you feel inclined to try it, I will walk you through the steps.
1. Sit down on a couch atop your personal fish tank.
2. Put your feet up on the top of the tank, while a warm cloth is laid over your legs/feet, then gently have them wiped down.
3. Timer is set for 20 minutes
4. Put your feet in the tank and hang on with all the self discipline you can muster while the fish swarm to your feet and begin what I would like to call a feeding frenzy!

As you can guess it was the most unusual pedicure ever known to this Mann:)
We giggled, we laughed. It tickled, it caused grimace at the mere thought of what they were doing, let alone the feeling! I grabbed onto Linda's arm when they seem to be extra hungry and going at it. We pursed our lips as if to help us gain greater self mastery over the desire to shake the fish away from their breakfast. I must confess I gave in a few times but not too worry, they found their way back as soon as my feet settled. To distract my thoughts I found myself gazing at the large pictures on the walls of infamous people who had given into curiosity themselves. There was Diane Sawyer, Whoopi Goldberg, Kathy Lee Gifford, Hota Kotb, I suppose one could say I was rubbing feet with the big fish.
A fisherman's dream indeed; a place where one can be assured the fish are always biting. 
Bon appetite!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, I don't know if I could have held on for that experience. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eww, I don't think I could handle it. I guess the longer the fish are eating the dirtier your feet are. That is pretty gross.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty sure, I would have NEVER made it! Glad you had fun though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sherrie I sure love seeing pictures of your family. I hope you don't mind that I blog stalked you! We can't wait to hear about Stefani's wedding-hope all is well and tell bishop hi from dave & I.
    Rachel Keller

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Amber...I don't know if I could have done it. Definitely a unique experience though. Hope you're feeling well.

    ReplyDelete