Friday, June 26, 2009

The Wedding...The Wedding... The Wedding

This title comes from an experience John had with our oldest grandson, Kade. While he was visiting with us, (he was five at the time) Grandpa was trying to talk him into going to Walmart with him, which Kade wanted no part in. John had offered (well actually bribed) him a shopping spree with grandpa, still to no avail.  John then resorted to psychological tactics and said, well, pretty soon Amber will be here with baby Brooklynn and I'll bet she will go with me. To which Kade immediately responded with disgust, the baby..the baby..the baby. Perhaps we had spoken of the baby one too many times in his presence? 

Since then, in our family when we are sick of hearing about something or feel like one aspect in our lives is encroaching brilliant glare, without allowing us to see anything else, we respond the baby the baby the baby.
I suppose that anyone talking to me for longer than a period of oh say, 5 seconds, may want to respond in such a way. The wedding...the wedding...the wedding. 
My appologies to those who may relate to this comment.

August 15th is the wedding the wedding the wedding!

2 comments:

  1. I just saw this blog on Mel's! Yeah! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FUNNY. :) It will be so wonderful. And I'm sure you will enjoy even more, the beautiful MEMORY of it all. hehe

    ReplyDelete