Saturday, January 6, 2018

When That Day Comes... What Will You Choose?

I have come across some drafts that were never published, so in an effort to update my blog I am now publishing them.

Yesterday for the opening Hymn in our Saturday night session of stake conference we sang hymn 58; Come Ye Children of the Lord. Upon singing the words in the second verse; Oh, what songs we then will sing to our Savior Lord and King" I began to ponder what song, if given the opportunity, would I sing at that great and perfect moment? Though, unable to fully comprehend that moment, thanks to the righteous artists both past and present, I can express my feelings through hymns. Many come to mind, I Stand All Amazed, I Know That my Redeemer Lives but in the end the one that I feel may come closest to expressing my anticipated emotions is Hymn 86 How Great Thou Art. I have taken some liberties to change the tense, in thought for that millennial day.

Oh, Lord My God, I have in awesome wonder, considered all the worlds Thy hands have made.
I've seen the stars, I've heard the rolling thunder, Thy power throughout the universe displayed.
Now sings my soul, my Savior God to Thee, How great Thou art, how great Thou art.

And when I think, that God, His Son not sparing
Sent Thee to die, I scarce can take it in.
That on the cross my burden gladly bearing.
Thou bled and died to take away my sins.

And now you've come, I shout with acclamation
and brought me home, the joy that feels my heart!
I before Thee bow in humble adoration and here proclaim My God, how great Thou art!

No comments:

Post a Comment