Sunday, February 18, 2018

Behold, I have given unto you the names...

Helaman 5:5 For they remembered the words which their father Helaman spake unto them. And these are the words which he spake:
6 Behold, my sons, I desire that ye should remember to keep the commandments of God; and I would that ye should declare unto the people these words. Behold, I have given unto you the names of our first parents who came out of the land of Jerusalem; and this I have done that when you remember your names ye may remember them; and when ye remember them ye may remember their works; and when ye remember their works ye may know how that it is said, and also written, that they were good.
7 Therefore, my sons, I would that ye should do that which is good, that it may be said of you, and also written, even as it has been said and written of them.

Even if we don’t know why or who we were named after, we can take this passage of scripture and as a baptized member of Jesus Christ’s church, we can apply the principle to He, whose name we have taken upon us. 


No comments:

Post a Comment