Thursday, January 4, 2018

I'll Ask-ya in Alaska

Summer of 2012
I am attempting something that may or may not work out, due to time and computer constraints, but nonetheless I want to at least try! The past five weeks have been spent in or around Anchorage, Alaska. To say I am having a unique experience is almost an understatement. So, in an epiphany of sorts, I want to try to make the time to blog some of the reactions and comments from those whose doors I have knocked. They may bore any reader who decides to follow but I want to remember some of these experiences of asking in Alaska.

At times I have been shocked at the rude behavior of others and then moved to tears by others sense compassion and goodness. Few have made me laugh but there have been those times . Like one of my first customers. I walked up to his door and saw video surveillance camera already installed pointing directly at me, more than likely I was on video from the moment I walked up. My first thought was, I'm sure I'll never sell this guy but I just want to meet the guy whose set up the system, it was infra-red for crying out loud! I rang the doorbell and from the upstairs window came a voice saying "May I help you?" I can say I wasn't shocked when I saw he was in fatigues, of course an army guy would do something like this! t can't remember exactly what I said but he eventually came down and eventually bought the home automation system, which means the video surveillance equipment, why you might ask? Because he simply wanted to see who was leaving dirty dishes in the sink! He had tenants living with him and was tired of cleaning up the non-confessing culprit.

No comments:

Post a Comment