Saturday, January 6, 2018

My daughter Amber texted this to me the other day. I loved it so much that I wanted to store it in a place I will have it forever.

I had this thought yesterday & thought it was pretty cool. Maybe you’ve had something similar before.

Patience in the atonement...like unto the sacrament. As I sat today in sacrament meeting, my kids wanted their boogie boards, like always I told them after the sacrament. After a bit they were getting restless & I was becoming less patient about it. I found myself thinking, “man it’s taking a long time for them to pass the sacrament”. Then I remembered that we were combined with 2 other wards...of course it would take awhile. As I sat & thought about that, the spirit impressed this thought upon my mind:

We wait & sit reverently as everyone has a chance to partake of the bread & water & let the atonement take effect in their life. Are we as patient & reverent about it in our everyday lives? Do we allow others the opportunity to grow & change in the same way through the power of the atonement of Jesus Christ? Or do we find fault, get irritated easily, and/or judge them, never allowing them to change? Just as we hopefully sit with the spirit through the sacrament portion of the meeting, so too, we should “sit” patiently as the atonement of Jesus Christ changes people...including ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment