Friday, September 18, 2009

Dishwasher Heaven!

You may be asking yourself...is there such a place? I can attest to you there is, and if you ever want to visit such a place you need only visit my kitchen!
Yesterday when my husband came home he ushered me into the bedroom... no, don't go there, I was left alone with my curiosity. I knew he was up to some birthday something. A moment later I could hear a noisy partial-disclosure of the act at hand, something was being rolled on the kitchen floor. My mind frantically began to wander, searching for anything that he might have bought me for my birthday. (Remember, it is not nice to consider me dense simply because you have figured it out, after all, I gave it away at the start of this post.) Oh no, could it be a bike? Certainly bikes have wheels...bikes can roll... in fact...just this morning I had told John I was going to use birthday money received to either fix my bike or purchase a new one. Suddenly I became worried...worried because I did not want to hurt my husband's sweet and thoughtful feelings let alone be ungrateful. However, to be honest I felt my bike purchase was going to take much research and consideration before signing on the proverbial line. Not like the Christmas when he got me two coats and I wished he would have done his homework, even if it took a little deceit to get a sense of my fashion taste, so as not to ruin the surprise. Personally I think it was a bit of impulse buying but .. back to dishwasher heaven. Much to my relief, as I considered the rolling noise it was way too heavy for a bicycle. Now I was worried he'd spent too much money. (I am really not that hard to please, I am just thinking prudent here.) As I rounded the corner into the kitchen I asked him if I was going to be mad? He just kind-of shrugged and smiled (he is so cute when he does that). To my utter joy and surprise he had purchased a new dishwasher. It is a beautiful stainless steel top of the line dishwasher. Believe me if a dishwasher can be considered sleek and lustrous, this is the one! And as I know you are all on the edges of your seats with this topic, I will post pictures tomorrow of what dishwasher heaven actually looks like. Until then... may the women of the today find accolades in knowing that we have something in common with a dishwasher. (Okay maybe the word accolades is a stretch) But after all, isn't it a nice thought to know we can be beautiful and useful at the same time?

2 comments:

  1. Oh, how exciting!! A good dishwasher really is heaven. And I had to laugh at the things going through your head, because it sounded very much like thoughts i have had with presents before :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, John! Good gift! (I can totally picture his little head tilt with smirk.) I would also have been thrilled with such a gift, well....with even a kitchen with the capability to have a dishwasher. Enjoy your new dishwasher, Sherrie! Happy belated birthday! You're amazing, lady, and you're only the age you feel, so that would make you about, hmmm.....25?! I love you!

    ReplyDelete