Sunday, September 13, 2009

"Destinations are Where we Begin Again..."

Many of my sweet and caring friends have asked me how I feel about having an official empty nest. The above words taken from Josh Groban's song 'Believe' have given me new understanding and purpose. For the most part I am happiest around my children and grandchildren (Having John beside me of course). I love them, they are my best friends. So to have them all married and away from me is difficult and yet fulfilling. Perhaps I should explain. All through their little-teenage-young adult life I prayed that they would one day find themselves within the sacred surroundings of the Lord's house, hand in hand with an eternal companion. To know that each of my children have received that blessing allows me to know that John and I have indeed reached a destination in our lives. It is a goal and dream that has reached its fruition and now, as I hear the words "trains move quickly to their journeys end" I testify it is true but...."destinations are where we begin again" Though my nest is empty, my dreams are not and it is time for new goals... new destinations.

It is time to add those same prayers for each of my grandchildren. (Actually I stated that the day I knew they were coming)
It is time to go back to school.
It is time to clean out the closets (ewwww)
Apparently it is time for a new calling for both John and I:).
It is time... well, for anything I deem worthy.
Seeing one dream come to such a beautiful end feels me with excitment to begin anew.




3 comments:

  1. I have a feeling that the Lord has many destinations for you on your life journey. You are one of the most remarkable woman I know. How lucky I am to call you my mother and friend!!!!!!! By the way, I did some shepherding visits for some less active young women today and I thought about you the whole time. Thanks for your incredible example!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your constant desire to reach goals and help others reach theirs is so inspiring to me. The destination you've reached as parents is a motivation to me...that we can raise our children in this world, with this gospel, and see them succeed and gain their own testimonies...we just have to use the gospel and the prophets' teachings and the Spirit to guide us. How grateful I am that all of those helpful essentials are available to me and my family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, just noticed.....my blog is still not on your list.....hmmmmm....are you trying to tell me something???? ;)

    ReplyDelete