Saturday, August 8, 2009

What more could a mother ask for?

In one short week from this morning John and I will stand with all of our children and their spouses in the holiest of places, the temple of the Lord. All of our grandchildren, will be waiting outside the temple doors (with the exception of our perfect Clairisa, whom I am certain will be with us in the sealing room), having parents who sacrificed much, so that their children could see first hand the expereince and promise of eternal families, our family! I have prayed for this day since the moment a tiny baby boy was laid in my arms nearly 31 years ago. As each new child came into my life the same sweet prayer was whispered in their behalf and has stayed a part of my thoughts and prayers ever since. Notwithstanding the beautiful daughter that has brought this culminating dream to fruition. Our Stefani.

I have been a witness to selfless charity throughout my stay here as I as watched Stefani and Amber work together. Amber's constant wish to have Stefni's dreams and desires met for this cuminating event has touched my heart and taught my spirit. She is every bit the sister anyone would want and need! I have seen them laugh together, I have seen them serve each other, I have seen them move on to the more important tasks at hand when communication or exhaustion may have caused a stressful moment (or two). I have listened to prayers that are too sacred to share as their love for each other has been expressed.

I give thanks to my Father in Heaven, an ever loving Savior and my children for allowing me to know the joy of having each of them walk in the ways of the Lord.

The love that each of our children have for one another is beyond my ability to express, the only thing that comes to mind are the words "by their fruits ye shall know them".
What more could a mother ask for?

3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you and your family! I thought about the same thing when Brianna recieved her endowments. Just before she went into the MTC all of us (except Carly & Kaylie) went in and did sealings as a family. It was such a neat experience, & knowing that not many more years would come when Carly & Kaylie could be with us. I felt the same way when my own little family went through the Draper Openhouse temple. We were able to sit in the Celestial Room for about 5 minutes with only 1 other couple in the room. I look forward to the day when we can all be in there together again. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I've been thinking about loading up my family tomorrow and driving non-stop to Utah.....I SO want to be there to see Stefani be sealed to Nathan, and to share that with your family. Brad's vacation starts tomorrow, and we're looking for things to do, but Utah may be out of our possiblity range. :) WE love you all! Enjoy! (I'd like to mail a card and gift to Stef, but where should I mail it?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a fabulous day for you as a parent, we are so excited for you. We just did the same thing with my brothers & sisters & parents last weekend.

    ReplyDelete