Sunday, July 26, 2009

Happy Birthday Clairisa,

One year ago today, you came into our world and left footprints on our hearts and our lives have never been the same. Those words borrowed from some unknown author seem to define your very purpose on this earth. I wonder...Did you know all that your little life would change? Did you know that your existence on this earth would reach so many lives? Did you know that our family would strive harder to become all that God intended us to be because of you? Oh, the difference your tiny little life has made...

Today we celebrate your short yet perfect life. Perfect through Christ and because of this knowledge along with the promise of eternal families we can find joy in this day, rather than sorrow. If you were here I would whisper my love for you, whisper of my gratitude to your mother and father for making the choice to bring you to this earth. I would tell you of their love for you and all the sacrifices they made to bring you here. I would tell you of the many times your sisters speak of their desire for your return. I suspect these things you already know, but I would speak them just the same.

Today on your birthday, my birthday wish for you is that you will always know how much we love and miss you and that the promise, so beautifully spoken by Elder Richard G. Scott that "Sunday will come" is ever present in our minds when we think of you. However, until that day comes, for this Sunday, may it be enough that we had you for a moment.
All my love,
Grandma by the beach

1 comment:

  1. Know that your family was in our thoughts as we remembered Clairisa. Love to you!

    ReplyDelete