Friday, May 7, 2010

Palindromes and Moms

Did you know Mom spelled backwards and upside down, is wow,
and right side up and backwards, is still the same somehow?

Moms love us forwards, backwards, and even upside down,
wooing, lifting, onward turning right-side up a frown.

Gently nudging upward, they wow us with their love,
finding good within us, lest we see some bad thereof.

This simple variation, as complex as it may sound,
describes why mother’s miracles abundantly abound.

A Palindrome we define it; direction, way, again,
like mothers guiding heavenward, despite the will of men.

By virtue, mom or mow, wow or mom, either is the same,
amazingly, but clearly, they both describe her name.








I hope anyone who reads this enjoys their Mother's Day, whether they are celebrating being a mother or celebrating a mother. I salute all mothers everywhere; the hardest greatest job on earth! It is my previldge to enjoy the title of such a position. I have been blessed by the most wonderful children, whose love goes on through the gift of their own children or those yet to come.

To my children I say: Thank you for bringing honor to your earthly parents name and more importantly, your Heavenly Parents, by the way in which you live your lives. I love you all! You make Mother's Day for me. Truly "I have no greater joy than to hear my children walk in truth."
3 John 1:4

3 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day Sherrie, you're great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's day to you too Sherrie! And Lily just loved the flowers - thanks for bringing them over :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherrie, I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day doing what you love best...spending time with you children. Happy day!

    ReplyDelete